[Rhodes22-list] Terrorism vs. Radical Islam

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Sep 27 22:41:31 EDT 2004

NO group? I take issue with that. What are your statistics, and their
source?

>>> salm at mn.rr.com 9/27/2004 7:51:01 PM >>>
Hi Brad, comments below:

On 9/27/04 5:37 PM, "brad haslett" <flybrad at yahoo.com> wrote:

but when your religion
> tells you to kill all who don't believe as you,
> there's a problem.

Throughout Western history, no group has done this more than the
Christians.

(I used to train with the Saudi Air
> pilots, Americans, and have heard all their stories
> about the flights to LAX to re-whore the harem.

I know more than a few American rock and rollers who do the same
thing.

The Shah of Iran, despite his
> faults, oversaw rapidly improving conditions for his
> population.

Brad, "..despite his faults..." is just not enough syllables.  It
glosses
over the atrocities committed, even sanctioned by the US.

Taking a
> chance on dying and perhaps the 40 to 60 virgins
> (whatever) not being there won't seem nearly as
> attractive when you can enjoy some of the comforts the
> 21st century, running water for example.

So it's come down to running water now vs. virgins in the hereafter?
Aren't
there any other choices?

You'll notice France
> isn't taking any chances with them.  Have you followed
> the news on how they are treating their own
> substantial Muslim population?

By far, the most substantial religion in France is Catholicism, and
they're
playing that down as well.  The French have always been very secular.

Slim