[Rhodes22-list] Fw: KLake

Glen & Dorene Barrera dbarrera at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 23:47:40 EDT 2004

Anne

We just got home a bit ago after 3 great days in Ky Lake. Mary, Rod, Dorene and I had one of the best sails we have ever had on your R22 today! Rik and Sandy were sailing along with us in their Flicka in winds starting at apx.8 and building to apx.15 with higher gusts. Had to reef the genny a tad on the way back. It's always a "race" with Rod trying to cover Rik who was really charging along. Took his wind for a short time before Rik came up behind us to windward. Both boats were to the rail and the smiles were huge. Excellent sailing! Mary and Dorene took pictures.  Dorene was using her picture phone so we'll see how they turn out, and if we can attach them to the end of this email.

Just wanted to thank you for letting us use your boat. Sat. while you were racing. We had a very good sail and a relaxing anchor over in Cows Bay for lunch and a swim. It was good to see everyone again plus Randy, John, and the folks we met over at the Sailing Club party. Thanks for the invite and treating us.

We have got to do this again next year!

Glen and Dorene