[Rhodes22-list] Re: My PopTop is leaking!

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Wed Sep 29 08:42:21 EDT 2004

Lou,

I hesitate to send you off in any particular direction regarding the best
way to fix your pop top without seeing it 1st.  If you can see daylight thru
your pop top & it's leaking rainwater; then, you may have a major structural
crack.  However, you should also be aware that FRP composite is translucent.
So, the daylight you are seeing may simply indicate some cosmetic problems
with the gelcoat & the rainwater leakage may be from some other source.
But, if you have a structural crack; then , it will require a lot more than
an L-shaped piece of rubber to fix the problem.  I await your digital photos
with great interest.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium