[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Worst President In History?

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 08:57:43 EDT 2004

Paul,

The letter writer made some very interesting points.

My vote still goes to James Buchanan as the worst.
It's the presidents who do nothing to prevent war that
are far worse than the ones who start the fight.

FDR was right about WW 2, wrong on not establishing a
sunset on the all the depression era social programs.
One of the single biggest mistakes FDR  made and later
Truman was not listening to General Stillwell on
China.  We should have forced a two party system there
and prevented the 1945-49 civil war.  Korea wouldn't
have happened.  Truman was right to use the bomb, we
killed more through conventional bombing in Japan than
we did with the two nukes.

Clinton?  Long after we are dead the historians will
be debating whether to replace Buchanan on the list
and it won't be about blowjobs and impeachments.  Read
"Deriliction of Duty" by Robert Patterson.   Reagan
and Bush 41 have their share of responsibility as well
but it was Billy Boy who ignored the growing threat of
WW IV  (WW III being the Cold War).

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"

PS: Anne, BITE ME!