[Rhodes22-list] Of drunks and flies

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Sep 29 16:52:22 EDT 2004

Now see, I obviously haven't sailed enough yet. When I read that 2/3
number, I immediately thought of Clintonesque activites aboard.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35

>>> SVGravityLeak at aol.com 09/29/04 10:24 AM >>>
A few years ago, the Ontario Tourism Ministry did a 10 year study of
recreational boating drowning.  Over 2/3 of the dead guys had their
flies open and
they died drunk.  The assumption is, while relieving themselves they
either
capsized their boats or fell in.

The moral of the study is to use your head.  If you don't have a head,
wear a
PFD (they're easy to put on if you have no head).

Fred