[Rhodes22-list] 40% article...found it.

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Thu Sep 30 01:03:52 EDT 2004

Rummy,

Not that I am trying to fan the firestorm that has been going on on the list
lately, but I asked for you source of the 40% figure you cited because I
found it hard to believe.  As you may remember, my youngest son was in the
Pentagon on 9/11 so I am interested in military moral, etc.  You said
"People that are supposed to be reporting for duty from guard units are not
 showing up as ordered. They are being reported AWOL (absent without leave).
They  are not small numbers either. 40% of all guard members with orders are
not
 showing up. It appears as though the popularity of war is wearing off."

Your later email (below) indicates this is at one installation and the clock
was still clicking at the time the article was written.  Far different than
how I took your comment, i.e., as an verified epidemic throughout the
military.  After Danny Rather I have been taking such assertions with a
spoon full of salt.  This is not a personal attack on you or anyone else on
the list, just an attempt to try to put everything together in my own mind.

Lloyd