[Rhodes22-list] How to go from Single Axle Triad to a Zero AxleTriad

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 22:18:47 EDT 2004

I would like to recommend using bearing buddies. They replace the grease
caps on the axle and have a grease zert which allows you to inject fresh grease
to the bearings. This doesn't eliminate the need for occasionally pulling the
hub assembly apart and cleaning and checking the bearings for wear. As
bearings  wear, they also need occasional tightening. An ounce of prevention goes a
long  way with trailer bearings. I also check the tire temperature and feel
the area  around the bearing hubs at each stop. You look for consistent
temperatures.  Anything really hot is a problem.
And what were you thinking? Pulling a R22 down I-95 at 2:00 am is asking  for
a wheel to fail. :)

Rummy