[Rhodes22-list] Generator

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 04:28:04 EST 2005

Wally,

I've got one of the jump starter packs and found it
useless the one time I tried to start my van with it.
It does have a 300 watt inverter that comes in handy
for charging cell phones and running a laptop.  I
haven't tried it on my 13hp diesel but my guess it
would be adaquate and more than enough for an
outboard.  Your warning about generators on board are
well taken.  I haven't used mine on board (but sure as
hell wish I'd had it the other day) and would only use
it only while topside, upwind, and awake. I started it
in the garage one time for a demo and within 30
seconds it was time to open the door.  It is amazingly
quiet but puts out more exhaust than one would think.

Brad

=== message truncated ===