[Rhodes22-list] Macgregor Vermont Incident

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Apr 4 12:24:45 EDT 2005

David:
	My daughter lives in Vermont not far from Basin Harbor.  I was there
shortly after the event.  The owner of the boat was not on board.  He loaned
it to his brother who had no experience with the boat so the kids could
watch fire works from the lake.  The adults had consumed a good deal of
alcohol waiting for the fireworks. All those on deck were on one side, some
with their feet over the side, to watch the fireworks.  The water ballast
tanks were empty.  Some of the kids were friends and not family.  The guy
who took the boat out was criminally charged.  It is probably still in the
courts.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA

-