[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:13:03 EDT 2005

Hank,

    Ed is right.  Have patience good man!  It is never fun having to clean off half cured paint (or sealant).  My guess...not bring a chemical engineer and all...is that it has something to do with being warm enough for the solvents to evaporate out of the drying paint.  I know from experience that the paint will tend to clump and not flow; not forming a proper film (too thick in some spots and too thin in others).  You also don't want the condensation settling onto the paint when the temps drop the first night after painting. When condensation forms on a paint film that has not sufficiently cured will further increase the cure time.  The moisture thinned paint will probably run causing streaking or blotches.

   I would be happy just to be able to work on my boat.  My boat is taking a back to seat to my "honey-do" list.  I still have hard wood flooring to lay, a deck to build, A sagging front porch to jack, and a basement to finish.  :-(

    Hopefully Roger's absence from the list lately is a good sign for his job search.

Todd