[Rhodes22-list] Shroud tension,(was all pacific boat show)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 21:39:26 EDT 2005

Barry,
Usually there is a grommet attached to a length of cloth at the top of the
sail. Mine had a couple of washers to prevent it from pulling loose. The bottom
 line (also the furling line)is used to tension the sail downwards. It's been
a  while since I've had the sail apart, but I recently helped Ed Kroposki
with his  sails, so I'm going from memory. There should be a small screw hole
somewhere  near the top of the furling tube. Be careful not to bend the furling
tube at  all, or furling the sail with a wobbly tube can be hard. It has to be
straight.

Rummy