[Rhodes22-list] Shroud tension,(was all pacific boat show)

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Wed Apr 6 23:26:11 EDT 2005

AH Ha! Now I remember!  Yes I shall take you up on your offer.  I wish I
could drop down to see you this spring but I am also very busy getting my
old boat read for a month or so in Baja.  I wan't to leave as soon after
school is out as I can.  However, I would really enjoy a call any time you
have questions about the boat. My # is 541-857-1061.

I wrote the following before I read Rummy's et al directions.  With the risk
of being redundant I'll send them off anyway.

By the way I think there are lots of pictures of your type of roller in the
archives.  Check them out and it will be apparent how you secure the head of
the sail to the top of the alum. pole using a blunted pan head screw and
washer. (at least thats what I use) and secure the foot with a short piece
of line to the "Disc".  Your forestay runs up through the alum tube after
your carecully remove the split nylon plug at each end.  If they are very
old they may break when you remove them and finding more is very time
consuming for Stan, they are cheap but the two Russians and 1 hillbilly that
are required to find tlhem in Stan's WaterWorld storage system AKA the
Swamp...(I wonder if Stan ever fixed the roof), might cost you a few bucks
in shipping and handeling.  If not available you may take the old ones to a
plastics place and they might be able to turn some on a lath using nylon (?)
rod.

Good Luck
Chris