[Rhodes22-list] Looking for a used R22, southeast US

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 07:35:07 EDT 2005

Cheryl
IMF is an easy way to sail.  There are NO batten. Sail
shape with IMF is NOT what you will get with a
standard main.

Now if you wanted to maintain good true sail shape and
ease of sailing; then you would want Inter Boom
Furling.  That way you would still have your battens.

A Mainsail without battens will not maintain good sail
shape.  There is just no way to maintain proper sail
shape at the top without batten.

Also, with a standard main & batten in the sail; the
boat will sail better with a 155% genona or even a
135%.  On low wind days, less than 5 mph breeze, the
175% weight is to much.  But a standard mainsail with
battens can still hold on to what wind there is & keep
you going.
Steve