[Rhodes22-list] Mast Raising/Lowering

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 04:52:36 EDT 2005

All,

In the two forthcoming e-mails I'm posting the checklists for raising and
lowering the mast.  These procedures are not universal for all Rhodes 22s.
There are several ways to do it, but many if not most of us use the GB hoist
crane and lower the mast to the stern.  I've used this method many times and
I do it single handed.  This can be done with the boat on the trailer or in
the water.

This is only a thumbnail-type checklist and may not be appropriate for first
time users.  First time users should read the owners manual in full before
operating.  There is also more info on the FAQ page, such as alternate
methods of mast raising/lowering, e.g. raising the mast by hand, raising
the mast with the trailer winch, etc.

Slim