[Rhodes22-list] furler split bushings

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Apr 10 08:28:54 EDT 2005

Stephen Staum:
	I have seen Rummy's bucket of UHMWPH in his garage.  It is for real
and he not full of UHMWPH, but it is in his bucket.  Now there is added
equipment for Rummy to fabricate goodies with in Rodgers workshop.  That is
the other Rodger (note with 'd').  He arrived back from his former abode
with a trailer full of stuff, some of which was good tools, like a heavyduty
drill press, band saw, etc. So, send your piece to Rummy, remember to bubble
wrap the bottle of Mt. Guy.
	There is another approach to this problem.  Go to your local school
supply place and get plastic modeling clay.  Make a mold of your piece.
Fill the cavity in the mold with epoxy and fiberglass.  When it hardens, you
have an epoxy fiberglass duplicate piece.  You might add some epoxy coloring
agent to obscure the solution to the problem.  You might have to sand paper
the edges. Then take a can of spray paint and paint it (I learned this trick
from the Maestro himself), maybe black or some bold color.
	Another approach would be to take you good piece to a foundry and
have them make you some in brass.
	Ed K
	Greenville, SC, USA