[Rhodes22-list] Lowering the Mast To The Stern

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Apr 10 08:57:48 EDT 2005

LOWERING THE MAST TO THE STERN:

8.  Disconnect forward lower shrouds and add extensions
Slim - do you just let the disconnected forwards with extensions just dangle
and flop about?  I usually reattach to forward chain plates.

15. Disconnect bow stay - watch out if you ever do this with Sir Stanley, he
disconnects bow stay before attaching extensions and crane to aft stays.
Since Elton originally showed me, I must assume that Elton does it your way
and in your sequence and Stan does it correctly.

According to National Geographic, icebergs can be submerged below the
surface, so you will need to add sonar to sail early on Lake Superior.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Current temperature is only 50 but high expected of 72 today, Sunday.