[Rhodes22-list] Question for Peter or Roger

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Wed Apr 13 13:21:50 EDT 2005

I'm almost finished cutting away the bulging laminate and cement in
my centerboard trunk.
The narrowest part of the aft section was obviously the most
difficult but now I have a
34"L x 7"D cut . The issue is the aft section almost at the end where
the trunk is less than 1inch in width, I have some bulging and think
this may hinder the board dropping down when I put her back on a
trailer and the board gets pushed up by the  ( trailer )roller .
Instead of ripping out the last few inches of  the aft laminate, I
was thinking I would just
cut horizontal slits in the last few inches of bulging laminate, pull
out the underlying cement and  epoxy the section without covering it
with its own patch of garolite.
  Roger has recommended I buy 1/8" garolite which will be used as a
patching material for the large section.
  I have devised an extension to my caliper which allows me to measure
18" down into the trunk so I can gauge how much space each area has
so that I will be extra careful when applying the patches so that my
clearance in the trunk is well within the tolerance for a smooth
moving CB.

  I am only hoping to slit the rear  most section due to the
difficulty  in  cutting vertically down into the trunk with less than
an inch of clearance.
  any suggestions??
  tools used: craftsman dremel with flex drive attachment and diamond
cutting blade,
  custom holders for dremel to position it into the crevice.

  patience.

  Lou

  btw; hope to take some pics this wkend BEFORE  i start epoxy work
next week if God allows the wx to be warm enuf.