[Rhodes22-list] Electric start motor

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Apr 13 22:46:58 EDT 2005

Ed,
You can't just tape off the ends. When the motor has electric start, it  also
has the ability to generate electricity to recharge the battery. Without
removing the charging system from the motor or hooking them to a battery, you
will fry the diodes. (Yes, I have experience in this first hand) This would not
be a good thing. Getting longer cables from a wire harness manufacturer or
making your own is not a big deal. There are several ways I can think of to
lengthen them. The wires would run under the port cockpit seat and go thru the
hole into the cabin, under the cabin seat and into the battery area.