[Rhodes22-list] A sign of the times.

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Apr 18 09:33:20 EDT 2005

Thanks, Rummy,

Actually, temps in the 70s here too, and sailboats on the water.  I have
sailed every month of the year on LIS.  We get a couple of freak days in
different months every year, and I used to make a point of going out on
those days.  Also, there are things called "Frostbite Fleets" that
compete during the winter with nearby rescue ships.

The water will kill you fast in the winter, so I don't fool around with
it anymore.

As someone mentioned, setting up the boat in the Spring is part of the
fun.  The wax adheres properly, the bottom paint stays where you put
it.  There is enough time to do all the things you don't have time for
once the boat hits the water.

We aim for Memorial Day, which gives us a 6 month sailing season.

Bill