[Rhodes22-list] Outer Banks Sea Trials

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Tue Apr 26 18:04:30 EDT 2005

Thanks Bob.   I'm going to print this out and take it with me.

Bill W.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Robert Dilk"          |
|         |           <robertdilk at hotmail.com|
|         |           >                      |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           04/26/2005 04:46 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |       To:       rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Rhodes22-list] Outer Banks Sea Trials                                                                   |

   Cape Lookout has a natural anchorage the is just great. But If the
   wind is from the S to SW the path is actually open water and can get
   rough. To go to Ocracoke from Oriental sail (motor) up the ICW and
   overnight at Indian Island anchorage (ask the locals). It is then
   about 25 miles to Ocracoke. And If the winds turn bad to go up the
   Pamlico to Bath or Washington. Washington did a major dock upgrade a
   couple of years ago. Very Nice.

   Bob

   S/V Knot Necessary
   >From: "William E. Wickman" <wewickman at duke-energy.com>
   >To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
   >Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Outer Banks Sea Trials
   >Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:34:27 -0400
   >
   >I'm heading out Wednesday afternoon to introduce my Rhodes to
   saltwater for
   >the first time.  My plan is to put in at Oriental, NC and sail/motor
   down
   >to Beaufrot, NC (maybe catch lunch) then head out to Cape
   Lookout.  From
   >Cape Lookout I hope (weather permitting) to make a run up to
   Ocracoke, then