[Rhodes22-list] Strobing stripes

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Wed Apr 27 16:20:35 EDT 2005

  Slim,
Try shooting the boat at an angle of  less than 45degrees .
Unfortunately, I know this is not the optimum way you want to show
your boat, but this could fool the imager or just minimize the
vibrating colors.  There is no parameter in the cam that will really
assist in eliminating this strobe effect completely.  White balance
is calibrating your camera to the  color temperature of the current
scene.  Most times its a preset between indoor, outdoor and
flourescent or manual.
So what i am saying is shoot the boat and try to frame out the
pinstriping,  You will end up with alot of head room or space over
and under the boat depending upon the way you choose to shoot.  Then
you can crop it out later in an image manipulation program like
Photoshop.
  If  you use a Mac , there are simpler prgms on the newer Macs to
allow you to do this easily.
( iphoto)
  hope this helps
  Lou