[Rhodes22-list] Sea Dogs

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:18:36 EDT 2005

Hi all, my spoiled dog Ben is slowly getting into the routine of sailing.
He is a west highland terrier and hates water.  When I try to dip him in the
tub or lake and his legs defy physical science and go straight out like a
cheap card table.  So staying on the boat is no problem.   Unless it is oven
hot, he is good for about 2 hours.  After that he will insist on landing and
runs at the first sign of the dock.  He hasn't said anything but I suspect
he gets motion sick.  I included a couple pics.  The second picture shows an
ambitious effort to test my skills as an instructor.  I guess it is true
what they say about "Old Dogs".  He would do pretty good until he saw a duck
and then he would lose his little mind and usually put us head to wind.

Bob Weber