[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes owners in France?

Julia Guzman trpclwife at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 10:28:27 EDT 2005

Luis left out a few small details...

Our new son-in-law is a Frenchman and we're going to
meet his family for the first time since he eloped in
England with our daughter. As much as the airfare is
setting us back, sailing might have been a better
idea!

It isn't easy to tell what the current small boat
transatlantic crossing record really is, but it looks
to me like the record is held by Anthony Steward, in a
19' open boat. http://www.dixdesign.com/steward.htm)
I am sure the Rhodes is a better boat, but it would
require a more insane or more experienced sailor than
any of us.

We just wondered if anyone ever heard of folks
interested in or having ever owned a Rhodes who also
live in France either full or part time. Could happen
I suppose. There is a Corvette club in France
(http://www.corvetteclubfrance.com/)... Rhodies are a
lot like Corvette addicts; we seem to pop up in
strange places!

;-) Julia