[Rhodes22-list] Le Menagerie Back Home (again)

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Tue Aug 9 09:39:54 EDT 2005

Howdy ya'll:
Menagerie arrived back home from it's hiding place about eighty miles
inland where it had been since hurricane Emily. Yesterday I powerwashed the
hull, and scrapped the few small barnacles that were scattered around off,
inspected the bottom, topsides and all standing rigging.

Alas, a wire strand at the mast side of the headsail furling tube has
broken, necessitating replacement. I plan on light sanding and bottom
painting this afternoon, then tackling the headstay, hoping to surgically
remove the bushings....if I have a problem though, thank goodness I now
have a complete shop at my disposal thanks to another old fisherman friend
of mine where I can fabricate the damn things. Hope to be sailing again by
the weekend.

Cheers
jw

Jim White