[Rhodes22-list] Finally, a Rhodes

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 13 23:49:28 EDT 2005

Bud,

Thanks for your input and enthusiasm.  I would like to get your impressions on the bimini.  Is it a Taylor brand, and which model, and where mounted fore and aft in the cockpit?  Would you have it put in differently if you were to do it again?  Did you ever or do you anticipate making the enclosure area bigger?

Especially BRAVO to Bob and Sandy Fuller for their hospitality toward your first R22 venture.  I have enjoyed Rum in many configurations, especially from Navy days.  We used to fly patrol aircraft to Puerto Rico (Roosevelt Roads) each winter for qualification exercises working with submarines (Springboard).  The greatest motivator for the two week detachment was "Rum Night" at the club.  After one of these grand celebrations one of our squadron mates attempted to motor up 'Rainy Mountain' on a big Yamaha, right up and through the Rain Forest, very luckily arriving back.  He was not a member of my crew.

I'd really be curious what the favorite mixers are with Mt. Gay...

Any info on the boat will be appreciated.  Have you had any mishaps with your IMF?

Cheers,

Art