[Rhodes22-list] Re: fesh marketing input needed

GrahamLBN at aol.com GrahamLBN at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 11:29:58 EDT 2005

"Fresh Marketing Input".  You did a fine job of describing the efforts the
GBI puts into marketing the Rhodes 22.

I have been reading list posts for over 7 years, visited the Rhodes factory
in Edenton, bought a trailer for a Rhodes I bought "from another list site" and
private person in NJ, sold my Rhodes to GBI for a reasonable fair price after
6 years sailing, availed myself of the test sail at Edenton and always
enjoyed reading about Rhodes happenings.

Stan I believe you have a point and I support your idea.  My two cents is
that anyone using the Rhodes internet site to post a "For Sale of Rhodes" should
kick in to the GBI advertising budget a suitable (lets say 5-10 % of sale
price) a self imposed commision upon completion of sale.  This would be
particularly true if the sale was a result of advertising on the Rhodes network.  That
would help to defray Rhodes advertising costs and keep GBI in business, and
that of course brings direct benefits to all Rhodes owners who use GBI
expertise/repair or the network to maintain their boats.

I hope this helps because I believe the idea will benefit not just GBI, but
Rhodes owners and those who sell their boat to readers of the list.

Happy sailing to all.

Len G.