[Rhodes22-list] Main Sail Speed

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Aug 24 11:34:36 EDT 2005

Rummy,

Everyone is saying the same thing about the battened main--that it is an
improvement.  Sooner or later we will all need new main sails.  What
does a new main sail cost from a knock-off supplier?  What would you be
willing to pay for a battened main sail like the one you've got?

There must be some way for Stan to protect this new design.  Does anyone
know what that way is?

My main sail was damaged over the winter and repaired by a local
high-end sail maker in time to get me on the water when I wanted to be
on the water.  The sail does not work as well as it used to.  It neither
rolls into the mast as well, nor does it drive the boat as well.  My
guess is that many replacement sails currently in use do not work as
well as the product currently provided by Stan.

I was always planning to get a replacement from Stan for next year.  I
wanted to wait for the verdict to come in on the battened  IMF.  Thanks
for the input.  I'm gonna get one.

Bill Effros