[Rhodes22-list] Main Sail Speed

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Aug 24 11:57:57 EDT 2005

Rummy,

As far as I'm concerned, and I think I speak for Brad, also, all deals
go through Edenton.  This is not an attempt to knock off Stan.  To the
contrary, it is an attempt to increase Stan's profits, and lower his
costs, while maintaining his quality and control.

No one makes money on this but Stan, and he controls every aspect of the
project.

I think it's a good idea, I just don't know if it's possible.

To the extent that others could develop reliable suppliers for Stan, I
think that would be a benefit for GB.  I think it will be difficult for
anyone to develop and maintain suppliers in the US because I don't think
they will ultimately be able to compete with the Chinese.  They will
keep raising their prices, and then go out of business.

I'm not sure Stan can control an offshore operation, even with the help
of friends on the list, but it seems, to me, worth a try.

Bill Effros