[Rhodes22-list] Foredeck Cleat

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 25 10:28:43 EDT 2005

If I remember correctly Roger suggested an upside down plastic
dish banded to the cleat.  The problem does not occur very often,
mostly with new crew who misunderstand my pseudo-nautical
babble or when I am singlehanding trying to correct my previous
5 mistakes.  In any case when I am sailing by myself on Lake
Michigan I am pretty conservative, I am usually tethered and I want
to do all I can to avoid risk which includes the need to go to the
foredeck. We can't all be perfect like Rummy, so we have to spend
the extra $25.

Ron