[Rhodes22-list] Got Gigs?

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Aug 25 15:31:50 EDT 2005

The nightclub at the Mall of America where I've worked for the last 5 years
has closed.  Foot traffic is way down in the summer and rent is about the
highest in the country so they shut 'er down to stop the bleeding.  Five
years of steady work for a musician is a good run and I'm thankful for that
but I'm sad and I'll miss the place.

But on a brighter note, I'm now free to travel more.  I just booked six
weekends in Sweetwater, Nova Scotia.  I know, it's a long way from home but
the pay is good and travel expenses are paid.  The company has a deal with
Air Canada and I'll fly in and out each weekend.  I'm also looking at
Raleigh, NC, Key West, Vegas, San Diego and maybe South Padre.  I now live
on the phone.  (That's the part I hate.)

I've been blessed throughout most of my career.  When a door closes, another
usually opens.  Now that I'm "on the road again" maybe I'll get a chance to
meet more of y'all.

Slim   - Have fingers, will travel.