[Rhodes22-list] Boom Room

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Aug 27 13:36:34 EDT 2005

Wow (again) Slim!

The music world's loss seems to be the boating world's gain.

Saturday morning.  Never expected to hear from you at this time.

Your Boom Room looks great!  I want one!

Did you guys actually make that thing?  Are your fingers as good with
the sewing machine as with the keyboard?

I'm serious here.  If you can make some money on it, I've got no problem
having boom rooms made in Minnesota instead of China.  You are entitled
to your intellectual property in the same way Stan is entitled to his.
You know more about this than you've let on.  Heretofore I've only seen
the one picture with the 2 cuties distracting me from the technical detail.

I think Stan's entire Boom Room fits into a rubber maid container, and
that one of his goals has always been to make the whole shooting match
as small as possible when not in use.  Maybe this is a bad goal.  Maybe
you've solved a lot of structural and cost issues with your PVC pipe,
and suggested a place to store them that is under-utilized in my boat,
and probably in most others as well.

What do you think is your total cost of materials?  How many hours on
the sewing machine do you think it would take to turn the parts into a
Boom Room?  Do you see any problems in having the technically challenged
installing snaps in the right places if they've never done it before?

I like the 2 piece nature of the Stan design.  My PTE has a Velcro patch
over the Pop Top for attaching the Boom Room, and I assume I would set
up the PTE earlier in the evening, and the Boom Room later, after
lounging in the open cockpit all evening.  The PTE is so well made, it
takes me no more time in the dead of night to set it up, than it does in
the day.  I would want the BR to be as well engineered.

BTW, I take my folding chairs to the bow for lounging when everyone else
is asleep everywhere else.  Totally comfortable.  I think I noticed you
are using "Lil Suckers" too.  Put your cup or can in a Lil Sucker,
stretch out on the fore deck...what could be better?

Bill Effros