[Rhodes22-list] Hurricane Katrina see latest track

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Sun Aug 28 17:20:45 EDT 2005

The admiral and I have two evacuees, along with four additional dogs and
a cat holed up in Baton Rouge with us. It's not going to be pretty here,
but it shouldn't be too much more than some downed lines, a lot of rain,
and minor roof damage (hopefully).

Velvet Elvis is in worse shape. It's tied up in front (or behind, I
guess -- I consider the water to be the front of the house) of my
parents' house, right in the projected path of the storm. I've got no
trailer, and with the one-day notice, there wasn't much chance of
borrowing one, getting her pulled, and getting back to take care of the
home also.

Stan -- if she withstands a Category 5 storm, I'll write the best
testimonial you ever got, and if not, you get to sell another boat this
fall.

We've finished batoning down the house, and have settled in with rum,
beer, and the weather channel for the evening. I'll let you all know
what I'm seeing from time to time, as long as the cable is still
connected for intenet access. I have a little Honda generator (remember
that thread?),.so power for the laptop and blender won't be a problem.

Wish us well,

Ben