[Rhodes22-list] KY style Katrina

anima13 anima13 at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 30 20:43:41 EDT 2005

Hi All,

It has been raining persistently and loudly since 0230. That pounding kind
of
rain that awakens you after every 15 minute nap. It has plastered leaves
onto
my windows, for those huge trees in my back yard are waving in the wind like
seagrass!
My electricity just came on at 0620, so I did not have to take my camping
coffee
maker to work today. (The Hospital has a generator, hence our office has
electricity
at all times!
Guess we will be in our style 'hurricane' for a few days. Really, we can use
the rain.
Hopefully it will break our 96 degree, 95% humidity cycle!
Would love to have a breezy 75 degree Labor day weekend!
Because we had such a terrible storm on July 4th, the Kentucky Dam marina
will have
fireworks on Saturday night here!

Anne