[Rhodes22-list] New Orleans getting out of hand

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Wed Aug 31 04:24:16 EDT 2005

That's about how I figure it too.  The reports I've heard are now consistently saying that the water was 3-4 feet into the houses.  That puts it a good 20+ above the usual water line.

So some real good news:  my parents' house is likely not a total loss.  And unlike New Orleans, it's getting better there.

Tonight, I went to the indoor track stadium at LSU.  They have moved the Superdome evacuees who need medical care there.  It looks like a setup from MASH.  A whiteboard indicates that they have 98 patients.

I went to offer some medicine that we no longer use.  We copied a sheet of paper with the heading "wish list" that the lady sitting at the makeshift dispensory had in front of her.  We will do our best to bring them as much as we can.

That's enough for tonight.  I'm doing this message by cellphone, and the typing is a bit tedious.

Ben