[Rhodes22-list] Welcoming Committee

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Dec 1 08:57:46 EST 2005

Nice note, Ed!

We need a welcoming committee of some sort.  This note does as good a
job as any we've ever used.  But it shouldn't be your job to post it
every time.

It seems to me that new people who come to the list and decide to hang
around for a while should shepherd in new people who come after them.
And so on.

While new people may not know everything about sailing, or about the
Rhodes-22, they do know what it feels like to be thrown in with this
rowdy bunch when all they thought they were going to get was praise or
scorn for a boat.

If you want to do this every time, the job is yours.  If you want to try
to set up new people to help even newer people, I'll help you, and I'm
sure others will, too.

Bill Effros