[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Jay about Chain plates

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 12:54:44 EST 2005

My '75 Rhodes had wood as backing plates. I have replaced them with 1/4'' aluminum plates.

ed kroposki <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:  Jay,
My boat's chain plates came with Stainless Steel backing plates. I
guess I need to ask the question, are not all chain plates through bolted
with stainless steel backing plates? Did my boat come from another Roger?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum: "Some people think that noise makes up for thorough preparation."
Lt. Gen. Arthur S Collins, Jr. USA(Ret)