[Rhodes22-list] J-Jewish Christmas

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Dec 12 16:33:28 EST 2005

*

As a teacher, Ms. Jones, was very curious about how each of her students
celebrated Christmas. She called on young Patrick Murphy. Tell me
Patrick what do you do at Christmas time? she asked.

Patrick addressed the class, Well Ms. Jones, me and my twelve brothers
 and sisters go to the midnight Mass and we sing hymns, then we come
home very late and we put mince pies by the back door and hang up our
stockings. Then all excited we go to  bed and wait for Father Christmas
to come with all our toys.

 Very nice Patrick, she said. Now Jimmy Brown what do you do at Christmas?

Well, Ms. Jones, me and my sister also go to Church with Mum and Dad and
we sing carols and we get home ever so late. We put cookies and milk by the
 chimney and we  hang up our stockings. We hardly sleep, waiting for
Santa Claus to bring  our presents.

 Realizing there was a Jewish boy in the class and not wanting to
leave him out of
 the discussion, she asked, Now, Isaac Cohen, what do you do at Christmas?

 Isaac said, Well, it's the same thing every year. Dad comes home from
 the office.  We all pile into the Rolls Royce, then we drive to his toy
factory. When
we get inside, we look at all the empty shelves and begin to sing 'What
a Friend
We Have in Jesus."  Then we all go to the Bahamas.
*