[Rhodes22-list] Melbourne Boat

Bud Connor budconnor at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 13 11:14:25 EST 2005

Luis, Chris, et.al,
  I saw the '85 Rhodes 22 today and it's a good boat - it will make for
a nice project.
It appears to have more neglect than damage.  I took several pictures
and will post tonight
when I get home.  The hull and keel appear sound.  I could not tell the
condition of the CB.
The top side also looks good, one chain plate is pulled and will need
some glass work.
There are a few chips in the top side as well.

It has an IMF with the sail still attached - I did not pull the sail out
to check it.
The inside also looks good, but has standing water up to the white board
under the ice box.
The boat has been sitting in Melbourne for the last year, a few folks
tried to buy it, but
couldn't as it does not have a title.   The guy in the yard thought it
ought to go for
at least $300.  More details later....

-Bud Connor