[Rhodes22-list] Bungees vs. Straps

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Dec 18 14:17:15 EST 2005

Rummy,

I don't use bungees anymore.  I've replaced all of them with straps.
Straps with floating buckles in various configurations are widely
available.  West has them.  I keep webbing material and a buckle
assortment in the boat, in my truck, and in the house.  I cut brand new
webbing to length as needed.  I can put as much tension on the strap as
I desire.

The webbing never hurts the finish, never snaps back in your face, never
parts.  You can see it if it is damaged.  It can be fed through smaller
holes as needed.  Use a match to seal the cut ends.  Many styles of
buckles available--including bungee hooks, snaps, tooth locks, sliding
locks, cam locks, etc.

I always have as many as I need, at the exact size I need.  I can make
up a new strap in 2 minutes.  The strapping material comes in colors so
you can color code if desired.

Bill Effros