[Rhodes22-list] RE: Florida Syndicate

Herb Parsons HParsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Dec 18 23:46:19 EST 2005

I'm interested, but want more information.

"The boat would rent out for roughly $250 a week--syndicate members get first choice on dates, others could rent on an as-available basis."

By your definition of a "syndicate member", as soon as someone else rented out the boat for a week, they would be a syndicate member.

I suggest a "syndicate fee" to be a member, in addition to the rental price. A member paying the price would be a member whether they rent or not. No requirement to rent. The syndicate fee could even be an annual fee. I'd suggest too, the it represent an actual "share" membership.

I'd be VERY interested in such a syndicate.

(it would make me a legitimate Rhodes owner :) )

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> bill at effros.com 12/18/2005 10:12:46 am >>>
Is there is, or is there ain't a real interest in putting together a
Florida Syndicate for Brad's boat?

The idea is to fix up a boat so it's both sailable and saleable, and
leave it in Miami for use by Syndicate members.  The boat would rent out
for roughly $250 a week--syndicate members get first choice on dates,
others could rent on an as-available basis.  People who want to see or
try a Rhodes-22 could be directed to the Syndicate boat, and could rent
it if available.

If not enough people continue to rent the boat over the years, and it
doesn't cover its nut, or just becomes a pain, the Syndicate sells the
boat and splits the profit.  Syndicate members have first shot at buying
the boat.

Brad already has $1250 in this deal.  I said I was good for $500 worth
of rental.  Is anyone else seriously interested?

You can become a syndicate member by committing to a minimum of 1 week
of rental time, paid in advance..

Brad is slightly over committed.  He's in the air right now, trying to
earn enough money to finance all the adventures he gets himself into.  I
told him I would try to sort out the Syndicate deal for him before he
returns from his current trip.  If too few people are interested, I
suspect the boat will be parted out.  Brad wants the IMF.  The hull is
probably worth more to Stan than to anyone else.  Bud did legwork, he's
entitled to first shot at remaining parts.  If anyone else has an
interest in parts, please post the interest to the list, along with how
much the parts are worth to you.

It's time to either fish or cut bait.  Please let us all know, on-list,
where you stand so we can sort this out.