[Rhodes22-list] Biscayne Bay Area Launch ramps

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Mon Dec 19 13:48:25 EST 2005

Thanks Bob.  Your input is very much appreciated.

             "Robert  Quinn"
             <rjquinn at bellsout
             h.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "The Rhodes 22 mail list"
             rhodes22-list-bou         <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
             nces at rhodes22.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/18/2005 12:00          Re: [Rhodes22-list] Biscayne Bay
             PM                        Area Launch ramps

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

Bill:  West Marine's "Florida Upper Keys (Miami to Key Largo) (Model
4415808) has a listing of marinas, which also indicates launch ramps.  It
is
not a full listing of the ramps but gives you something to work with.
Homestead Bayfront Marina (305)230-3033 shows a ramp(s) and dinghy dock.  I

believe this location also has places to park for a stay but you will have
to check with them to be sure. From this location you have great access to
Biscayne Bay.

People do sail one way (to Key West) then put the boat back on the trailer
for the ride home.  Probably a great alternative.  If you have friends in
the area, you can probably get a ride back to Homestead to pick up your
vehicle.  Another alternative is to sail on down, find a place to leave the

boat (there is a city mooring field in Key West with a water-taxi to bring
you to land), and rent a car to get back up to Homestead.  I believe there
is also a bus that makes the run.  (Note:  Getting a mooring buoy during
the
"season" can be a challenge owing to the number of "snow-birds" who spend
the winter in south Florida.  Generally ease up after April 15th, which is
also a great time to be down this way.)

Unfortunately some of my guides are on the boat, which is off-limits to me
until after Christmas, to give you any more details.

Bob