[Rhodes22-list] Florida Syndicate

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 19:53:58 EST 2005

Contrary to popular belief, Santa does not deliver
Christmas presents, I do, and I've been too damn busy
this week to worry about Florida based sailboats.

Here's the deal; a club owned boat is nothing
different than a club owned airplane, something I know
about.

Bill Effros (who has knows nothing about the corporate
experience) floated this idea, so like any corporate
lackey, gets tagged with the the responsibility to
pull off his great venture.

This is a non-profit operation.  That doesn't mean the
creators have to take a financial bath.  The vision is
that we have a boat in Florida that the locals can
have access to for far less than they would spend or
could afford on their own.  The Northern Rhodies get a
place to go when they get tired of ice skating and can
spend a warm weekend on a familiar boat.

Warren Buffet pulled this off with corporate jets,
surely we can do this with one boat.  We don't need
billionaire money, we need a Florida based maintenance
angel who gets free ride for sweat equity, a handful
of initial contributors, and a lot of dedicated
Rhodies who would like a warm winter getaway.

Quit referring to this as "Brad's boat".  If it works
it will work because it's OUR boat.

Brad