[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Ed - in your back channel

Herb Parsons HParsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Dec 25 20:01:12 EST 2005

"While I expect my opponent to resort to ad hominem attacks"

I'm curious, would "battle of wits with an unarmed opponent" constitute an ad hominem attack?

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with an occasional gutter brawl, just don't pretend to be "above it all" while you're flailing about in the muck...

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

michael meltzer wrote:
> This is look like it will be fun to watch, any Chance
> for a WWF style "cage match" video?
> -MJM

Hi, Mike -

I look forward to a clean fight, no kidney punches in
the clinches, and a completely public (of course)
apology by my honorable opponent for having
misrepresented my position.  Those in the front
row seats may want to be ready to duck to avoid
being hit by flying adjectives, etc.

While I expect my opponent to resort to ad hominem
attacks and the use of questionable language, I will
address Ed's current on-line behavior, rather than
his prior predilection for dalliance with our porcine
friends.

About a video, I'm not sure that this or any family
list is ready for such an ugly sight.  Speaking for
myself, the mere sight of me has women and children
running for cover, and caused grown men to retch.  I
remember that when we met face to face in Ego Alley,
you thought I was a bollard.

/Robert