[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Today

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Fri Dec 30 11:05:25 EST 2005

Hey Bill, I thought you were going down to Miami to check out launch ramps?
:)

Bill W.

             Bill Effros
             <bill at effros.com>
             rhodes22-list-bou         The Rhodes 22 mail list
             nces at rhodes22.org         <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
                                                                        cc

             12/30/2005 10:34                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [Rhodes22-list] Sailing Today

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

Jim,

When does it start to get comfortable down there?  When does it end?

Where should I look to learn more about the waters?

If you could pick one spot in South Texas to sail, where would it be?

Bill Effros

Jim White wrote:

>Gave Menagerie a thorough bath last evening, and checked the rigging,
engine and cabin...thought I might take a sunset cruise as the wind was
just about perfect <12 knots, bay smooth as glass, noone else out. Oh yea,
and the air temp was about 80...

>  Alas, I dawdled too much, and choose to stay and enjoy a beverage or
two....

>  Going to bail after lunch today and sail till after dark, carbon copy
day. Might fish for awhile too, speckled trout have been on a feeding
frenzy along with redfish.

>  I love South Texas in the winter. Makes up for the hellish summer.
Selective amnesia, every summer I swear I'm going to move, go somewhere
more temperate...each winter, I forget about it...