[Rhodes22-list] Mark Metzler your friendly neighborhood lurker

Mark Metzler eyeballs at maxinter.net
Sat Feb 5 11:15:11 EST 2005

Ed,
FYI, I was serious enough to fly to Florida in the face of a snowstorm to
look at Steve's boat and test sail. That was almost a deal. (I just had
issues with the ability of his trailer to make the trip from Florida to
Maryland.) The other boats, except Lloyd's, have been sold before I had a
chance to inspect them. I thought that the prices being asked for the
various boats were reasonable. I'm trying to find one that has the features
and/or condition I want that is close by or that I can trailer back to
Maryland. I have been looking since Aug., when I stopped at the factory and
met Stan and have learned much from the list. I've read the chapter in
Sailing Small by Mary Lou and all the positive discussions I've seen on the
list have convinced me: a Rhodes 22 is what I want. Maybe I'm being too
picky or maybe the right boat/opportunity hasn't come along. Think I'll give
Stan a call.