[Rhodes22-list] Believe it or not radar story

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 21:19:08 EST 2005

Thanks,

I have my doubts about the performance as described of radar with ice too.

I do know you can land a big plane on ice with luck, training, and the right
landing gear.  I think the NY Air National Guard flies C-130s with skis.  We
had visitors one time on my ship who flew into an ice camp near the Pole we
surfaced next to in a ski-equipped DeHaviland Twin Otter (I think) about the
size of a 15-20 passenger regional plane.

Jim Connolly