[Rhodes22-list] The 1st Shoe Has Dropped

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Tue Feb 8 05:57:33 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was not a good day.  I received a letter of rejection from Broin & Associates, Inc. in Sious Falls, SD.  The letter was completely generic and gave no explanation of why they choose their preferred candidate for the Technical Manager position at the Michigan Ethanol plant in Caro, MI over me.

Although disappointing, this news was not unexpected.  Both Broin & MRI have gone silent for the last couple of weeks.  There was supposed to be a decision from both companies by the end of January regarding who they were going to make job offers to.  Last week, when Feb 1st came & went, I tried calling and e-mailing my contacts in both companies with no response.  My suspicion is that they've both made job offers to another candidate.  They were both just stringing me along with the silent treatment until their preferred candidate responds.

Oh well, maybe I'm reading the tea leaves wrong and MRI will still make a job offer.

Sigh, back to job searching.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium