[Rhodes22-list] Radio antenna

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Feb 9 20:04:16 EST 2005

Russell:
	I hope others will chime in on this subject.  Years ago you could
get a device to use a with an AM/FM/CB radio combination.  However, such
devices severely limited the range of the transmissions.  I suspect that
separate antennas separated by some distance would be most effective.
	After saying that, and maybe Mark will comment, on big boats they
use standing rigging as antennas for HF/SB radios.  Maybe use the standing
rigging as your AM/FM antenna?
	Who are the hams on this list?  Mark?
Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "The most effective way of getting assistance is by calling the
Coast Guard on a VHF/FM marine radio tuned to channel 16"  David Seidman,
The Complete Sailor, 1994 (a book recommended on this list a couple of years
ago)(And the recommender is still here, not me, who?)