Congratulations all! Re: [Rhodes22-list] Raven

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Feb 14 10:47:42 EST 2005

Mary Lou,

Thanks. We'll miss her, for sure, and it was a bit sad watching Raven leave
on Saturday, especially since Julie wasn't there to say goodbye, too. We
really had some wonderful times w/ her.

I was surprised to find that selling Raven wasn't quite as hard as I
expected it to be, though. I suppose that was in large part because we'd
been grappling with the decision for almost a year. And Peter's a great guy,
so we know she's gone to a good home. Still, it was a tough decision that
took us a long time to make.

On the practical side we found last year that when we were home, the weather
was nice, and the wind was up going sailing nearly always took precedence
over working on the house <go figure>. This way we get to put Raven's sale
price toward Rachel, cut out the expense of the slip, and actually get some
stuff done around the house when we're here. So now we'll need to depend on
the generosity of friends at the lake if we want to go sailing when we're
home.

We are hoping to spend more time on Rachel this year. We're going to give
the Verizon Broadband Internet service a shot. If it works for us, that
frees us up so we're not tied to the dock and can work while we cruise the
Chesapeake this season. If so, we'll be coming up your way one of these
days. Then who knows - maybe we'll head south for the winter. So much for
getting more done on the house....

Mark