[Rhodes22-list] Huh, ..., and attachments

David Walker david.walker5 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 11:08:32 EST 2005

Roger,

I can empathize with you.  I was laid off nearly three years ago and have
given up on getting back into the professional ranks.  I have a BSEE+CS from
MIT and worked continuously for 27 years in the high tech area.  Now people
don't even return my phone calls.  The only recruiter that was interested in
me was one that wanted ME to pay him $6000 for a job search.  The general
consensus is that I am too old (51), and made too much money at my last job,
even though I am willing to take considerably less they don't believe me.

The good news is I don't want to go back.  I have been slowly building my
own photography business and am about to go into a partnership with an old
friend to do high end sports work.  I'm still barely making a very reduced
living but I'm  a whole lot happier.  The only rub is that my wife had to go
back to a full time sales job simply to defray the cost of health insurance.

BTW check out the pictures of my R22 in Stan Grayson's book "Sailing Small".
Mary Lou did a great job on the chapter.  Stan is a neighbor here in
Marblehead, and I tacked back and forth off the Neck for an hour while he
photographed me.

Dave Walker